Step by Step into a New Career
Once you have decided to become a fitness trainer, there are several steps to follow in order to acquire proper training:
- FITNESS KNOWLEDGE: The Fitness Knowledge Course is the prerequisite for becoming a fitness trainer of any kind. Course completion includes assignments, theory and practical evaluations. Already taken this course with another institution? Not a problem. You can submit your certificate to review for accreditation.
- SPECIALIZATION: At Gravity Vertical Education you can choose one of the following specializations (more courses to come!)
- Pole Fitness Instructor
- Pilates Instructor
- Pre-Post Natal Instructor
- GRADUATION: To obtain a GVE CERTIFICATION diploma, you must present your Fitness Knowledge Course certificate, complete all assignments, theory and practical evaluations for your specialization.
- FIRST AID / CPR: Although we do teach basic first aid during our Fitness Knowledge Course, we do recommend to all student to take a specific course in this area. It is not a requirement for graduation, but highly recommended. Taking a First Aid / CPR course will teach you how to safely assess emergency situations and carry out appropriate action including informing emergency personnel. It will further help you to identify strategies that will promote safe and healthy lifestyles.
- INSURANCE: Once you are ready to start teaching, you should consult with an insurance company to obtain proper coverage.
- PRACTICUM: Experience in a valuable asset. You should volunteer at a fitness facility and work with friends or relatives for free, until you feel confident on your practical skills. Furthermore, having volunteering experience in your resume is always well seen by potential employers. We recommend 100 to 150 hours of teaching practice.
- CONGRATULATIONS! Your are now a fully trained fitness professional. Remember to stay current with the industry by taking fitness and health courses and workshops yearly :)